“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Monday, March 2, 2015

AMAZING CONFERENCE IN SINGAPORE

Elder Warner and former Brave Mate Elder Lundquist in Background!
Mmkay, so it's another super rushed Monday because we are leaving on a plane to Kota Kinabalu in an hour and a half, but I am so excited to talk with you all!!!! Last week was amazing -- visiting  Singapore and hearing from all of the other missionaries, our leaders, and President/Sister Mains is simply the best feeling in the world. It's like a super strong instant spiritual recharge. Elder Ballard is visiting Singapore this week, but only the Singapore area missionaries will hear him speak -- Elder Funk will be speaking to us in KK. 

Before I share anything else, I just want to shout out to my parents and family for being the best in the world!!!! We were able to watch Meet the Mormons, and it impacted me a billion times more than when I saw it the first time before the mission. It's amazing how much differently we learn from things when our perspective changes!  Watching the football coach's bio certainly made me yearn for home a little bit, and March Madness is right around the corner, but the examples of others and being able to see the blessings of the gospel all over the world is something that can motivate anybody to work harder to spread the gospel. I know this is where I'm supposed to be. I am so grateful for my family and the love they show me, and I'm grateful for this church and all of the amazing people who are disciples of Christ all around the world.

I Believe I Can Fly!
The main focus of mission conference in Singapore was how we are increasing our faith. There were all types of trainings, talks, experiences, but most of them I cannot adequately share because of time limitations and my inability to convey my thoughts. Basically, I wanted to share two main thoughts with you all. The first thing that I realized last week is how important it is to be desperate. I used to think that desperation meant being out of control and going crazy, but I now believe that we should make an effort to be more desperate. When we are desperate we are willing to do all that it takes. We are willing to give all that we have, and we also realize that there's no way we can do it on our ownAs a result we turn everything over to the Lord and act in faith. I would invite all of us to continue to ponder about how we can be more desperate to gain faith in the Lord and His Atonement in order to become His hands. 

Elder Chin in Singapore
I would also remind all of you that without patience we have no faith. This is a tough concept for me to understand, because I often get frustrated when I don't see immediate results or what I expect to happen. I promise that Heavenly Father does know us better than we know ourselves. We must trust Him, continue working to receive answers and help, and show patience. Patience has no expiration date. 

Last week, I prayed harder than I ever have for certain things and for certain changes. I did my best to share with Heavenly Father my desires to help others, and then I got off my knees and worked as hard as possible. One struggle that Elder Chin and I have been having is finding new investigators that want to learn and progress. No matter who we teach, the people just aren't keeping commitments or wanting what we're sharing. 

Braves - Sister Kitchen and Elder Lundquist
Yesterday at church, an investigator showed up with a 19 year old man from Germany who was only staying in Tawau for Sunday while he waited for a visa. They met on the street, and the investigator offered to take him to church to meet two other guys who spoke English (us)! This young man turned out to have a great desire for the gospel. I was able to share my testimony and the Book of Mormon with him before he travelled on to Indonesia. Even though I won't have the opportunity to continue teaching him, I know that he was an answer to my prayer to find someone who is ready for the gospel. 

I am so grateful for this gospel, and I am so grateful to have the faith and hope that we have a Heavenly Father. I am so grateful to know my purpose and to have this joy in my life. Thank you all for your prayers and examples! I love you all!!!

Love, Elder Lloyd








En Route to Singapore!
Tim Tam Slam with Milo!  
Mission Office with Steeple in Background

No comments:

Post a Comment