“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Monday, January 11, 2016

BEST DAY EVER!



I love being a missionary!!!! Sorry for all of the travel pictures...if I counted right, in the past 7 days I was on 12 different flights and traveled throughout Malaysia and Singapore. It's pretty humbling to realize that this is all part of the mission in which Heavenly Father called me to serve. With that said, it has also made me be much more grateful to be a missionary who can talk to everyone, teach, and stay in one place for awhile. I love B and the people there! It is such a special privilege to be able to be a missionary in Singapore and Malaysia. We are surrounded by some of the best people in the whole world. Elder S and I, the zone, and the mission are continually blessed with many miracles and an outpouring of the Spirit as we do our best. This past week was incredible!!

Every time I have to travel for zone conference, MLC, exchanges, or for any other reason, I get a little bit stressed because I don't like to leave my area and feel farther from my investigators and members. Slowly, I am realizing that they are not "mine," the Lord is taking care of them, and as I do my part, blessings will follow. Even though I had to leave a few days, Elder S was able to have many learning/growth experiences that he wouldn't have been able to experience otherwise. I am so proud of him. His Chinese is improving rapidly, his faith never fails, and he continues to push us harder and harder to work smart and do his best. 

While travelling, I was able to have an incredibly eye-opening experience. Almost every person I talked to was a positive contact and were willing to exchange contact information, but while waiting for one of my flights, I still felt a little hesitant about opening my mouth and talking to the person across from me. 

Bountiful High Missionaries: Elders Lloyd and Roundy and Sister Kitchen
He was my age, had earphones in, and he didn't "look" like he would care about the gospel. I finally ignored Satan and just waved my hand in front of his phone, complimented him on his nice Adidas basketball shoes, and the conversation went flawlessly from there. He goes to church to feel good, even though he's not Christian. His parents are atheist, and he's never learned about God. His favorite musical is the Book of Mormon, but he's never been able to actually learn about what we really believe because he was too scared to ask his Mormon friends in KL. 

He told me he was going back to London for school, but would be sure to get into contact with the missionaries. We pulled up discover.mormon.org and he was ecstatic! He loved it! I gave him a Book of Mormon, and he was shocked that I would give it to him for free. We filled out his contact information online, and I know that he will continue learning in London. Even though I have gained a testimony of forgetting myself and talking to everyone, I still find myself hesitant at times. I'm grateful the Lord continues to trust me with prepared people that he knows I'll talk to. I hope I can always retain His trust and be His hands here in Malaysia. I love being a missionary!!!

Another amazing miracle that happened last week occurred when we only had about 30 minutes before our next appointment. We decided to start biking towards the meeting place, but as we started, Elder S asked to go a different way. We went down a different street, biked for a few minutes, then I had a feeling to go back down a side street we'd already passed. We turned around, and talked with the first person outside we saw. She wasn't interested, but she gave us a referral to an incredibly open, welcoming, enthusiastically Christian Filipino. We then went further down the street and talked to a Chinese lady who has been searching for God since she stopped going to church years ago but was too scared to talk to anybody about it. Within 10 minutes, we had been led to a few of God's children that could only be found if there was "perfect timing." I'm so grateful for the small promptings that we have each day. I know that as we continue to follow the Spirit, we will be blessed with more and more. 

There were many other miracles this week during contacting, lessons, church, studies, reporting, etc. It truly is a joy to go to bed every night with a smile on my face knowing that I did my best, and the Lord is pleased. Things certainly aren't perfect -- I have a loooooong way to go, but there is faith and hope. People continue to reject the message, but the people that accept are the only people I need to concern myself with right now. 

Rambutan fruit from the Malay "rambut" meaning hairs
6 And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness.

I love reading this scripture with my "son," Elder S. We are doing the Lord's work! We must do all we can if we expect to conquer Satan and the natural man in all of us. I am grateful for Elder S's influence on me. We will give all of our heart, might, mind, and strength to doing the Lord's will.
My Companion Elder Shirley
2016 truly is the best year ever!!! I have written, "best day ever" at the top of my planner every night in preparation for the next day, and Heavenly Father continues to bless us with all we need to make each day better.

Elder S has helped me immensely, and he is already a better, more mature, spiritual missionary than I. I am grateful for the chance I have to serve with him. His attitude is incredible, and he continues to put his faith in the Lord and open his mouth.

Thank you for your love and support. I am so grateful to serve at this time, in this place, with these people. I know we are engaged in the work of the Lord. It is a blessing and a privilege to be here, and everything good is from the Lord, not from us. I can only continue to obey and pray to become a more effective tool for my Savior.

Love, Elder Lloyd

Coconut Anyone? 
Fresh Coconut Juice! 
We need a straw!
The Joy of Planning!  

Eastern Malaysia
Sunsets and Sunrises are Elder Lloyd's favorite


No comments:

Post a Comment