“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Thursday, September 4, 2014

ROBBY IS BACK! - Week 5 MTC

Ni hao family and friends!!!!

Each week gets better and better! I just want you all to know that I love you so much and I am so grateful for the love, support, and prayers from back home. I can't believe I've been gone a month and a half, but I also can't wait to go to Singapore! Thank you for everything!!

So last Monday night was awesome because I got a couple of packages late in the day. We also had the chance to teach about the Atonement to an investigator. It was really simple explanations, but the Spirit was so strong. I know my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ - not just “progressing investigators”. I also was reading in Mosiah 4, and I really felt God's love for me. I am so humbled that our Heavenly Father has promised us ALL that He has if we will just be willing to change and have faith. 

Tuesdays are always wonderful because we know that we have a devotional that night to look forward to. In the morning, while I studied my scriptures, I was reading through Alma 42. The Plan of Happiness just makes sense! I am so grateful that we have laws, rules, and commandments in order to achieve complete happiness. I am also grateful that our Savior died for us, so that we could have the opportunity to become like Him. At the devotional, a few things stuck out to me. The speaker mostly shared mission stories that all had deeper meaning and things to learn. I loved when he said, "If it is to be it is up to me." Isn't that so true? I know that I am responsible for my own progression. If I expect or desire something, I need to act first and work my hardest to achieve it. I need to be willing to do the impossible, even if I don't think I can...because I know I can't. 

Everything is possible only through Heavenly Father and Christ. I read Moses 6 every single day and picture myself in Enoch's place. I know that I'm not perfect, my Chinese is terrible, and I'm just a kid, but I know that I'm striving to have the Lord's Spirit with me. I don't want to get discouraged because nobody in Singapore has heard of God...I want to see it as an opportunity to teach everyone that there is a God. My final point of the day is that I know God will judge us based on degree of personal difficulty. We can't compare ourselves to others because there is no comparison. Some things are easy for me that may be hard for someone else. I am so grateful for this Gospel and the truths that bring me peace!

Sibling Missionaries
Wednesday was another great day!!! While reading in Alma and the story about Amalickiah, I realized just how smart Satan can be....he is clever! He will attack our weakest points, so do your best to trust in the Lord and turn them into strengths. I also got a letter from Ali in Australia!!!! That made me sooo happy! I am so blessed to have the best missionary in the world for a sister that I can learn from each week. Her letter had so many great thoughts in it, and I am so excited for her to finish strong in her mission these last few months. I hope that I can be a friend to people ...I just can't wait to smile at the people waiting in Singapore!

Thursday was great and I got an early BD present from Mom and Dad! I am so grateful that I have such an incredible family that supports me and loves me. I know I wouldn't be here if I didn't have them and their examples. I know everybody knows the story, but I loved reading Alma 56 today about the Stripling Warriors and how the loved their mothers. I also thought it was interesting that they were completely selfless. It was no coincidence that not one of them died while fighting in battle. I hope to work throughout my mission and humbling myself and becoming more selfless. I need to look for the needs of others before I try and address my own.

Friday was another wonderful day! I received a package of homemade rolls and honey butter and a box of donuts! OORAH!! Our district sure did have a good time snacking down after a long week! I don't know why people are so kind to me, but I am so grateful for the love from home! The letters, packages, and Dear Elders make such a huge difference in helping me have a good attitude and outlook.

A cool part of the day was our lesson with an investigator. We invited a couple members to come with us so that we could invite our investigator to church. The testimonies that were shared were amazing! I know that we all need to go to church to partake of the Sacrament and feel the Spirit, but I also know we need to go to church with the attitude that we want to serve another. If we do that, we will never be bored or disappointed. While reading in Helaman, I was so sad for the Nephites, but I also learned a lot...we cannot live surrounded by evil and expect to withstand the temptation. I am so grateful for the area and friends that I had growing up that made it so easy to choose the right. I love you guys!

Saturday was another wonderful day! During TRC, we invited our investigator to try and prepare for Sunday on Saturday night, and I'd like to invite you all to do the same. The Spiritual opportunities and events that occur on Sunday are more important than any other thing we do throughout the week, so please try and remember that as you partake of the Sacrament. A sad point of the day was losing our teacher Brother G...we love him but his school schedule made it so he can't teach anymore.

Last Meal at Limone
I can't believe that everyone is going back to school and I get to go serve the children of the Lord! I am one lucky guy!! In Alma 24, we read about how the Anti Nephi Lehites were willing to give up their lives in order to repent and keep their covenant with God. After reading that, I asked myself, what more am I willing to give? What more are all of you willing to give? I know that there is a huge difference between 99 and 100%...My goal this week is to stop worrying about the future and to completely immerse myself in the gospel.

Sundays are always incredible because of all of the meetings and opportunities to learn from the Spirit. We started the day with District Council, and it ended up being a testimony. It was so cool to hear and share my testimony with others. I just want to help people, and I know that is what the Lord has called me to do. We also watched a talk by President Uchtdorf that focused on pride and priesthood. He said, "Pride is the thing that switches the Priesthood off, and humility is what turns it back on." Pride and the Priesthood There is no problem with being proud of this gospel, your family, or an event, but it turns into a problem when you start comparing yourself and putting yourself above others. I need to work on this. We will never be happy if we are in constant competition with the people around us! 

A scripture in 2 Nephi 28:24 talks about wo coming to those who are at ease in Zion...we are all in Zion, and it's not supposed to be easy! Don't be content with yourselves. The minute we stop desiring change and repentance is the second that we stop growing closer to our Savior. I am just so grateful for the Atonement, this gospel, and the things I've learned at the MTC.


The MTC is amazing. There is no place like it on Earth! It is an unprecedented feeling for me to feel the Spirit almost all day every single day. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be called to serve people for two whole years. Who else gets to focus simply on changing other people's lives, for two years of their life? I am so blessed. I know the Lord is already "laboring in the vineyard" in Singapore and that someone is waiting for me to share the gospel with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment