“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

TAWAU - WOW!

Hello everybody!!!!! 

Another week has flown by!!! This week was amazing because our zone leaders flew out to go on splits with us, and they brought all of our mail and packages for the first time! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the snacks and the mighty six letters and everything! I am so grateful, and it made us all happy!!!!!! I love you guys so much, and I'm so grateful for all of the prayers and love. Thank you! I also wanna shout out to Sam, Drew, Tanner, Ryan, and Jordan, and my other friends who are serving around the world.  I finally got to read some of your letters, and you guys are working miracles!!!! You're my heroes! 

This past week started with one of my coolest experiences yet!!  We visited the second counselor in our branch. He lives about an hour away from Tawau, in the middle of a huge palm oil plantation. It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been! There were a bunch of houses on stilts, huge palm trees, little monkeys, and the friendliest dogs in Malaysia!. Brother Joseph is about fifty years old and is completely blind. After talking for a little bit, he shared his story about how he found the church. 

He shared that this gospel is special to him because he felt loved by the members and he felt God's love as well. I know that love is the most motivating, powerful thing in the world, and I felt that as Brother Joseph shared his testimony. In my opinion, the closer we get to somebody and the more we get to know them, the harder it is to dislike them. I've been trying to learn more and more about the investigators and everyone I come into contact with. If you are having trouble getting along with someone or just feel like you don't relate, I can promise that making an effort to learn more about them will help you understand their situation so that you can love them and help them.

As I continued to study about Ammon this week, I couldn't help but notice that he seemed to get what he desired, often. There were many situations where he said, "and this is what I desired." He was given many opportunities to use the talents that God had given him because he had faith and was willing to share the gospel. I know that each one of us has been blessed with talents of our own to share the gospel, and if we are willing to apply them, Heavenly Father will bless us with opportunities where we can connect with people and share our testimonies. 

While on splits with one of our zone leaders this week, I was able to share my testimony with a man. Originally, he didn't want to talk, but I promised him that this gospel is worth it, and that's why I came all the way from America to share it with him. A question I've tried to ask myself lately is, "How badly do I want to share this gospel?" If it means a lot to me, I know I'll do all I can to help others have the chance to receive it. 

Even though we spent two hours contacting and only found one potential, I know it was worth it. I know the Lord always wants us to be focused on the work, and I know that He is always willing to show us a better way to do things if we are willing to listen. 

I was reading through Jorg Klebingat's Conference talk (Approach God) and it was completely eye opening. Please read through this talk this week and make a list of a few things you want to change in your life in order to come closer to God. I want to have confidence in all that I do. If we haven't done our chores, we won't be able to have the confidence to ask our parents if we can hang out late on the weekend. If we haven't put the work in, we won't have the confidence to ask Heavenly Father for help. We will be able to ask, but we just won't be as confident, and that makes all the difference in our happiness and growth here on Earth.

Just know that I love all of you, and I wouldn't be here without you. We had a miracle this week and have been able to teach an amazing man with two children. He was just sitting in his yard, and was willing to listen. I am so grateful for people who will simply listen and give the gospel a chance. I would invite all of you to try and listen a little bit closer to those speaking to you. 

I love you guys!!!! Thank you with all of my heart!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Lloyd



No comments:

Post a Comment