“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

PRAY ON!

A Wedding! 
This week has been filled with more miracles than ever!!!!!! Thank you so, so, so much for the prayers and for all of the love. This week I was greatly humbled because I realized just how little we really do as missionaries. I know it is all in the Lord's hands, and we truly are simply tools. Whatever you were all doing at home, keep doing it, because this week was awesome!!!

The biggest miracle this week came with one of our investigators that we found while contacting. His family is incredible, and he has two daughters. He has always wanted to know which church is true, and his questions for us are always sincere and innocent. It has been such a blessing and a privilege to bear my testimony to him and help him find happiness in this life.

Since I've been here, we haven't really had a sincere investigator so it is amazing to have a
Early morning studies
new investigator to teach who wants to learn -- desire is everything!!! If we don't have a desire or want to do something, we will never learn from doing it. I've learned that in order to make any commitment that we extend worth our time and the investigator's time, we need to make sure we let them know why they need to do it. When we promise them blessings of happiness and peace, they start to have a desire. 

He was at church yesterday, and two other investigators showed up completely unannounced after not answering their phones for a couple weeks.....WOOOOOOWWWW!!! ...on top of that, the Sabah Zone Presidency came to Tawau and gave the talks in Sacrament meeting that applied perfectly to our investigators -- miracles miracles miracles. I am so happy right now!

Another cool experience this week happened while we were contacting in a little Taman (housing complex). We saw a boy playing basketball, so naturally I went over and talked to him. As we started talking, he wanted me to try, so we played a bit. After a few minutes, he asked me if I was Uncle Drew it made me laugh so hard! He started asking why I was dressed so nicely, how I knew how to play basketball, and if anybody was filming us. It was hilarious, but also so sincere. It was a perfect way to start a gospel conversation about why I was in Malaysia. I know that God gives us opportunities and talents so that we can share the gospel and our happiness with others. If we are willing to act on those promptings that we receive, we will be able to strengthen our own testimonies as we find joy in helping others come unto Christ.

Some of my favorite questions to ask our investigators are: 
1. What's most important to you? 
2. Why would prophets be important? 
3. What kind of relationship do you have with God? 

I invite all of you guys to try and answer those questions yourself, and focus on what you feel when you think about them. What areas do you need to improve on? One of my favorite talks ever is called, "An Educated Conscience" by Stephen R Covey. He explains how we can feel the Spirit and recognize the Holy Ghost in our lives. Please read it and ponder about how you can better recognize the Holy Ghost in order to improve your relationship with Heavenly Father and Christ.

While studying these questions myself, 3 Nephi 19:25-26 was one of my favorite scriptures that I looked up. It talks about how Christ smiles at us as we pray. I know that by picturing Heavenly Father and Christ while we pray, will help us be more sincere and meaningful. I also know that Heavenly Father loves each one of us, and is always waiting for us to talk with Him. I love thinking that Christ smiles at us -- isn't that amazing??? Verse 26 follows up and says, "Pray On." I know that prayer is fundamental in order to develop a personal relationship with God, and I know that prayer is crucial to maintain a relationship with our Heavenly Father.

I love you all so much, and I am so grateful to have this opportunity every week to share some of my experiences and thoughts. I know that Christ lives, and I know that through the Atonement we can completely change who we are. I am so grateful for all of your examples. I wouldn't be here without any of you!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Love, Elder Lloyd


No comments:

Post a Comment