“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Friday, December 5, 2014

NO TURKEY IN TAWAU!



Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!!! This past week has been filled with so many miracles. I am so grateful to be serving on a mission. The people I have met have taught me so much and brought me so much happiness, and I know that this is where I am supposed to be. I am so grateful for my family, and I'm so excited for my sister to return home from her mission!!!! I love you Sister Lloyd!!! 

I want to start off with some of the best news ever!!! Our investigator, Robby (fake name), has been progressing faster than a cheetah chasing a galloping gazelle haha. Seriously though. I am so grateful that the Lord was able to lead us to him and his family. This past week, we talked about the Plan of Salvation, and taught the Word of Wisdom as one way we can have more happiness on this Earth. He told us how his wife had just brought back his favorite tea from Shanghai and how he drinks five cups of coffee a day. While he was talking about everything I was just praying that somehow he would have the faith to try. Well, within a couple seconds he just stopped talking and said, "You know what, this is from God, and I know this is something that will bless me and my family." 

He went on to talk about how he wants to be a good example for his daughters and help them have faith in Christ throughout their lives. have learned so much from Robby's faith and willingness to trust the Lord and the Spirit. He is so sincere and interested when it comes to the gospel.

I think it's amazing that no matter how much you know about Christ, how old you are, where you're from, etc. we can still feel the Spirit and the gospel will still bless you. I know this to be true!!! Yesterday, Robby brought his whole family to church and had his nose in the Book of Mormon all during Sunday school. It's just amazing to see what someone who is prepared to see the gospel is like. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to help Robby and his family learn more! 

Regarding meeting with some other investigators who aren't quite ready to receive the gospel, I know that the Lord is still working with people no matter what point in their conversion they're at. I am grateful to meet with people and learn more about what the gospel is about. Some people we meet think we don't have any credibility because we are so young, but I think one reason Heavenly Father sends 19 year old men and women on missions is because our testimonies are pure. We don't have experience, jobs, families, or education, but we have hope and we have a desire to share what we do know. 

I know this gospel has helped me have peace and happiness, and that is why I can share my testimony with others.

My personal study of the scriptures has improved so much since I have come on a mission. I have so many scriptures and thoughts I want to share with all of you, but I never know what will be applicable. One of my favorite scriptures is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for mystrength is made perfect in weaknessMost gladly therefore will Irather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may restupon me.
10 Therefore take pleasure in infirmitiesin reproaches, innecessities, in persecutionsin distresses for Christ’s sake: forwhen am weakthen am strong.
I love this scripture because it tells us to glory in our awkward moments and infirmities. I am excited and proud to be imperfect because it gives me something to work on and learn from. I am so grateful that I will never be perfect during this life and that I can always find joy by using the Atonement and realizing that I can't do anything without Christ. I have had many moments where I have not taught well, said the right things, acted the right way, etc. but I know that the Heavenly Father and Christ qualify my efforts. Through the Atonement, I can grow and change who I am into something that Heavenly Father wants me to become.
I am so grateful for this gospel and I am so humbled to have this opportunity to represent the Lord. We are so blessed to have all that we have. Please thank Heavenly Father for the opportunity to live where you do and have the gospel in your life. I love you guys so much!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment