“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Monday, December 15, 2014

I LOVE YOU & MERRY CHRISTMAS!



These past few weeks have been very exciting for me  -- we went to Singapore, got a bunch of news from home, dropped and found new investigators....life is crazy but so great!!! I am so grateful for all of the things we have an opportunity to experience on this Earth. I wish I was a more eloquent writer so that all of you could understand the joy and amazing things that I've experienced and learned.

So many miracles have been happening....Firstly, I want to thank all of you for the amazing, uplifting emails, packages, letters, and pictures. I love you all so much!!! I would not be here if it weren't for all of you!!! I am so humbled and so blessed to be loved by so many people. I was asked to give a talk at mission conference in Singapore, and again yesterday in Sacrament meeting, and I based my talks off of love. This is a message of love. I know that Christ loves us perfectly, and here on this Earth we are given opportunities to show our love for others and for him in order to sample the joy that is promised us if we can endure. 

In my opinion, the crowning characteristic of love is loyalty. I know that as we show our loyalty to the Lord by serving others and reaching out to people in love, we will experience a fullness of joy that can only be understood as we act and discover it for ourselves. I know that the greatest gift we could ever receive was Jesus Christ and the Atonement. In turn, the best, most precious gift, I could share with anyone is my testimony and knowledge that Christ lives. I would invite all of you to show your love this Christmas season by sharing the message of Christ. Share something that can truly change somebody's eternal progression....it's just so humbling!!! We are so blessed to have this knowledge and truth. I am so grateful!!!

I have had so many amazing experiences these past few weeks....it's harder to write when more things happen because then they get all jumbled and you don't want to write at all haha...First of all, I want to update all of you and say that Brother "Robby" is doing amazing! I am so humbled that we were able to find him and help him come to know the truth. This gospel is true. It changes people, and it has changed me. 


We have had a few miracles in finding lately as well. We met two people at the shops that we have had the opportunity to start teaching. They are certainly infants in the gospel as far as knowledge, but their willingness to trust us and trust God is inspiring. I am so grateful for good people in this world. I know that everyone deserves to have a chance to hear the gospel, and I know that Christ's Atonement wasn't just for faithful members-it was for everyone. Heavenly Father also has a perfect plan for you and for me. I have experienced the peace, comfort, and joy that having a testimony brings, and I pray every single day to find new people that are prepared to open their hearts and come back to Christ. Thank you for praying for me and the other people here in Malaysia. Miracles are happening!!!

As I've pondered about all that Heavenly Father has given us it's rather depressing to know that there doesn't seem to be anything that I can give Him in return...anything that I give is already His. From Omni 1:26, I realized that one way we can truly show our love and gratitude is not only following the commandments, but truly giving our soul and will to Him. We will always have our agency, but I know that we can fine tune our desires and works in order to sincerely give our lives to the Lord. 

We have our families, we have our jobs, we have school, and many other things that seem to distract us from this gospel, but I know that as we come closer to God, we will notice that our "spiritual life" can join together with our "physical/temporal life". To do this isn't natural. It's hard to love others as Christ does. It's hard to stay focused amidst all of the temptations. The first thing we can do is ask for help. Please make sure that you are praying every single day, multiple times a day. Short, simple, fervent prayers will always help us remember Christ and keep us focused on what is righteous. 

During Zone Conference in Singapore, one of the Sister Training Leaders gave an amazing talk about the necessity to always show love towards people. The longer I'm here, the more I'm understanding that these wonderful people have so much going on in their lives, and they sacrifice so much to come to church. They are doing all they can, and that is all the Lord asks of us. My invitation to all of you is to praise people before you criticize them. Be patient, be selfless, and be positive. I am so grateful that I was sent to Malaysia and have already had the chance to make friends that I'll know forever. 

One more reminder:  "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, impurity."   
I invite everyone to always be examples of Christ so that when people come to learn about this gospel, they will have good feelings and spiritual experiences. 

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!. I want you all to know that I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love this gospel, and I love you. In Malaysia, it is so apparent to see the blessings that come when we live according to how the scriptures direct us. I testify that this gospel is the way back to our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for an amazing family and friends. I love you guys so much!!!!!!!! 

Sheng dan jie kuai le!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment