“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Sunday, January 18, 2015

LEARN OF ME

A Wedding!
What an amazing week!!!! I know I always say that, but it's true! I promise that each week has so many truly spectacular moments that make it so hard to fit everything into a small, simple email, but I will do my best! First of all, thank you for all of the Christmas cards and a couple of packages! 

The Zone Leaders came to Tawau this week and dropped off mail. To anybody who has written me in the last couple of months, thank you with all of my heart. Those small letters and thoughts mean so much, and they help me remember the love of everyone back home. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've got to do a special shout out to John Merrill for the best Christmas card/letter ever. I was laughing on the floor as I read it. I love you all. I truly have the best family and friends in the whole world, and I can say that now that I'm all the way in Malaysia. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Flight to Kota Kinabalu
This week, we had the amazing opportunity to go to KK for new missionary training. When we arrived, we immediately started training with President and Sister Mains, and the APs Elder Lundquist and Wadsworth. 

We went through many scriptures, did some role-plays, and had the chance to bear our testimonies. It was incredibly powerful to be in a room with other missionaries bearing your testimony. I know that by expressing our gratitude and faith, our testimony of Christ will always be strengthened. 

One of the coolest parts of the training was simply feeling the power of the Spirit as I was in the presence of President and Sister Mains. They exude goodness, happiness, and light. By being near them, I had the desire to do right, I felt better, and I trusted them completely. As a missionary, sometimes I feel  as if I don't have the Spirit enough. We are supposed to find, teach, study, serve, plan, etc. all with the Spirit!!!! This week, I really learned what having the Spirit with you at all times means. 
Wedding c

I know that I am not perfect at all, but I know that as I do my best to desire the Spirit, and as a result learn about Christ, I will find peace and happiness. Conversion and learning about the gospel takes time and consistency!! We need faith, actions, and consistency to improve and grow.

Cooking chicken, flan, dumplings, etc at the church for the wedding
An amazing experience this week came when Elder C and I went to teach a new investigator and his family. Before we got there, we were talking about how we could have the Spirit more in our lessons. We were both kind of stumped and frustrated because we've been trying our hardest! We said a prayer, and went up to the door. 

Mr. P came out and told us he had friends over and would have to reschedule. We were heartbroken. All of a sudden, he just opened the gate and said, "Actually, come in and you can share with everyone!" I was shocked!!! This shy, busy, new investigator who hardly knows us let us into his house after he had already told us to leave. That was the first miracle. Secondly, as we started talking, we shared some personal challenges. We had planned to teach the Restoration, but we focused on how we can have faith in Christ to bear our afflictions in patience instead. Elder C and I could feel the Spirit teaching Brother P as we talked. At the end of the lesson, he prayed out loud for the first time. Just wow :)  
I can't even begin to explain how awesome this was. I learned that a desire for the Spirit is the first step. I know that as we truly desire something, ask Heavenly Father, and work for it, He will give us what we need at the right time

Jeremiah 29:13
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Elder Lloyd expanding his diet and cooking skills! 
I know that Heavenly Father loves us and has a plan for each of us. I know that we are all His children, and that every single person on this Earth chose to follow Heavenly Father's plan and come here. 
Thank you all for being such good examples, praying for me, and sharing so many experiences with me. This joy is what helps me through the tougher times. I know that this gospel is true, and I know that Christ is our Savior. There are many good things in the world, but this path is the only way back to our Heavenly Father. 

"Learn of me, and listen to my words, walk in the meekness of   and spirit, and you shall have peace in me." D&C 19:23


Biawak Komodo - rampant trash eating creatures 
Beautiful Branch Members

No comments:

Post a Comment