“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

KNOW HIM. LOVE HIM.

Hello Everybody!!!!!  I always look forward to hearing from you and sharing my experiences. I'm a little bit short on time today, but I just want to share a few awesome experiences and thoughts from last week. Some of the best news is that I'm serving with Elder J AND Elder G!!! Elder G was my companion in the MTC, and he is great. I am so grateful for the miracles that I am blessed with every single day!

One of the miracles that happened last week came at a time of much uncertainty. On Saturday, we had the option to either bike an hour to an unconfirmed appointment, or stay in Sitiawan, find new investigators, and visit a less-active member. We just felt a little bit lost and didn't want to waste time, so we said a prayer and decided to stay closer to home. That night we ended up finding more potentials than any other time on my mission. Within a couple hours we had talked to almost everybody in every house we knocked on. The people were so prepared and so welcoming-this has never happened to me before!! I know that Heavenly Father was blessing us and letting us know we made the right decision. 

In addition, last night we ended up having time to visit the person who we were supposed to visit Saturday, and we had more time to share a wonderful lesson about how faith precedes miracles. I know that when we follow the Spirit we are blessed. We read Ether 12 with her and her non-member husband and just talked about how important it is to develop faith. He asked if he could hear our testimonies, and after doing so, I really pondered about that request. I know that by going to church and reading the Book of Mormon we can feel the Spirit through many other people's testimonies. Keep reading and keep going! Stay close to the iron rod!!

One way that I my faith int he power of the Book of Mormon was increased this week happened that same Saturday night when we were finding. As we were talking to a man who we found out had already talked with missionaries a while ago. He is a very faithful Christian, goes to church every week, and has a wonderful family. We had a good conversation but were unable to really spark his interest. Finally, I reached into my backpack and brought out a Book of Mormon to show him. We explained a little bit about it and I bore my testimony about how it has brought my family closer to Christ. He was immediately intrigued by a book that he had never read before. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and was revealed to us in the latter days to guide us and protect us from the many temptations that are out there. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and what it has done for me, and I'm grateful this man gave me a chance to share my testimony with him. 

One way that we helped a member increase their faith was when we were teaching with Brother W who's going to serve in Sydney North mission. We were talking to someone who loved the feeling after prayer, church, obeying the Word of Wisdom, but he just doesn't like  the idea of baptism ...we were stumped. We tried to aapproach it in a few different ways, but nothing seemed to be getting through,Finally, Bro W asked this man if he knew why Christ was baptized. Immediately a feeling of peace entered and he sat quietly in thought. I know that he was following the Holy Ghost and asked an inspired question. I also realized more about what I need to focus on. This life is all about following Christ. I literally don't need to do anything else but follow Christ. I know if i can do that, I will be happy, protected, and I will be doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do. Follow Christ. Follow our Savior. Remember Him.

A theme that we are trying to work on right now is to really increase our faith. While reading in the Bible in Mark chapter 10, verses 17-21 and 27 Christ answers a man's question by telling him what he is lacking, even though he is keeping all of the commandments and trying to live the gospel. What do I lack? What do you lack? What is keeping you from receiving all that God has to offer you? In verse 27 we are promised that through God, all things are possible. I know that this is true. As we exercise faith in Him and do our best to align our will with His, miracles will happen. We will be happier, more peaceful, and more confident. 

I love these people so much. They are so diligent and sincere as they do their best to follow Heavenly Father's plan for them.

I love you guys so much and I want you to know that I wouldn't be here without you. Thank you for your prayers and examples. I have the best family and friends ever!

Love, Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment