“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Saturday, June 6, 2015

KNOWING AND LOVING YOUR SAVIOR

Happy June, everybody!!!! Da Jia Hao!!!  I want to give a shoutout to all of my friends who are now leaving on missions this summer! I am so grateful for so many good influences around me and for your examples! You are going to love it! 


Today is transfers and I am staying in Sitiawan with Elder J AND ... Elder G (my MTC comp) is joining us for to make a threesome - yippee!!!  I want to share how much I've grown to love and appreciate Elder J and my other companions. I am so grateful that we have been able to work together and get to know each other. It's crazy how much easier it is to love someone when you actually get to know them (duh...). I promise that it is impossible to not love anybody that you're truly close to. I would invite all of you to focus on getting know your Savior as much as possible. One thing that has helped me vastly on my mission, along with the scriptures, is reading Jesus the Christ. As I've read that book I have come to better understand how much Christ loves us. His whole life was dedicated to serving others and fulfilling the will of Heavenly Father. I know that He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that He lives.

Badminton!
This week, we were truly blessed with countless miracles...I would like to share a few. The first thing is that three of our investigators finally accepted a baptismal date of June 20! I'm so excited for them!  I am grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed us to be able to witness these investigators change as they learn more about the Atonement and come unto Christ.



Bowling!
Something that truly affected me and strengthened my faith this week was when we visited a sister after church on Sunday to bring her the Sacrament. She is single and has to stay at home everyday to take care of her ailing mother. Even though her life is all about serving others and waiting on her mothers' needs, she never complains. She is the epitome of happiness and joy. Every time we go there I just feel peaceful as soon as I enter her home. I asked her what makes her so happy, and she told me how she truly feels like everything is a blessing in life. She talked about her health, her family, and many other things, significant and seemingly insignificant, that God has blessed her with. I know she was sharing from her heart. She talked about how we are unable to recognize the blessings ourselves, but through the Holy Ghost our eyes are opened and we are able to understand how Heavenly Father has blessed us. 

As I talked with this dear Sister, I realized that only through humility and sincere gratitude will we be able to feel the Spirit and recognize the Lord's hand in our lives. I'm so grateful for her example and testimony of Christ. I know that I want to be more humble and grateful for absolutely everything. I know that nothing is possible without the Savior.
I love you all so much, and I am so grateful for this opportunity to share with you each week. I love being a missionary so much. I truly do. There is no better feeling in the world than having a front seat to seeing how the gospel can change the lives of people who have never known these precious truths. Thank you for your prayers and your support. 

Love, Elder Lloyd


A/C, Free Ice Water, Chicken and Veggies = Priceless! 
Called to Serve in Australia Sydney North Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment