“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Sunday, September 6, 2015

MIRACLES HAPPEN DAILY


Good Morning Everybody!!!! First of all, welcome home Jake!!!! I'm proud to be your cousin and I'm grateful for your example!!! Good luck getting back into things!! Secondly, Happy Birthday to the many September birthdays in our family..particularly my bro, Connor, and my Grandpas. I love you guys so much! Happy Birthdays!!!

This past week has been absolutely incredible. I am so grateful to be a missionary in the Singapore Mission and serve in Johor Bahru. I know that this is where I'm supposed to be right now. I am the happiest I've ever been as a missionary, and it's because of the things that have happened as a result of obedience, the Spirit, and Heavenly Father's grace. I have realized that I am never grateful enough. As I look back on each day, I realize just how many amazing things happened that I simply can't describe or explain. We are so blessed! I know this is not our work. This truly is the Lord's work and mission. I pray that I can continue to try my best to do what He would have me do and say.

We had a great week including helping a member move. An investigator joined us and was impressed that we would be willing to help others. As I talked with her, I was so humbled. I am grateful for this opportunity we all have to serve each and every day. I also realized that worldly possessions or money makes absolutely no difference in obtaining and experiencing true joy and happiness. The investigator said that they'd never seen people behave so friendly around complete strangers-it was almost like we treated everybody like family. This statement made my heart burn with joy. I pray that the people around us, including her and the member we helped, can feel that they truly are our brothers and sisters.

The biggest miracle came while teaching one of our investigators. He wants to be baptized, follows the commandments, studies the scriptures, comes to church, yet struggles to recognize the Spirit and feel confident in himself. We were able to share with him Alma 29:1-3

Sorting rice? 
 1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

 2 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

 3 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.

Lemon Meringue - E Lloyd's Favorite! 
We highlighted how we as missionaries have a great desire to feel the Spirit and be led by it in all parts of the work. We have a great desire to do what the Lord would have us do, but because we are mortal, we sin in our wish. We explained a few more things, and we even read in Preach My Gospel with him. As he realized that we are not constantly hearing the Spirit literally speak to us he started to feel hope and confidence. We then watched "Discerning Patterns of Light" by Elder Bednar https://youtu.be/EkOVbT2oxnI When we finished, he kneeled down in pers onal prayer. Both Elder Hanks and I were completely surprised. When he talked to us he talked about how he felt inspired and motivated. He felt the Spirit and the hope of Christ. He told us that he'll always strive to follow the light. Wow!!!!

A few days we were able to give the same boy a pre-baptism interview interview (the practice one). We would ask the question, he'd say, "I don't know"  then he'd proceed to speak for five minutes about an incredible experience and desire to follow Christ forever. His faith is so strong and so pure. I know that he has a testimony that is rooted deeply in his heart. He is one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and I'm so grateful I was able to be with him as he shared powerful testimony and brought the Spirit. There are prepared people all around us, we just need to follow the Spirit and invite them to learn.

Sooo tired! 
Lastly, Sunday night we were able to meet with another investigator. As soon as we sat down I could tell he was searching for truth. He told us how he had seen a movie called Freetown a few days ago. He had seen missionaries like us sacrifice everything to teach about Christ. He then asked us why they would do that? We were able to seamlessly move into the Restoration and share the first lesson with him. I was so humbled as he asked questions, listened, and felt the Spirit. Because he saw the movie Freetown, he was interested and open to listen. 

Miracles happen every single day. I am so grateful to be a missionary! Johor Bahru is a wonderful place because of the people here and the missionaries I'm surrounded by. I pray that I can continue to do the work of the Lord and fulfill my purpose. I love you guys!

Daily Lunch: mult--grain toast, carrots, broccoli and chicken
Yum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment