“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

NEVER BE WEARY OF GOOD WORKS

Good Morning Everybody!!! Thank you so much for your incredible emails every week. I am so grateful for the Spirit and example that you share with me as I serve a mission. I am especially grateful for my family. Jake, thanks for your testimony and example! I heard your homecoming was amazing, and I'm excited to see how you move into the next step in your life. Secondly, thank you for all of the birthday wishes. I am so grateful for all of the love and support! My companion, Elder Hanks, gave me some protein powder and I got a pie from Elder Avery and Elder Pearce. My family sent me a package and I received emails from many of you. I am so blessed!!! It is easy to serve when I am constantly being shown the love of Christ. I love you guys!! 


This past week was one of the best weeks of my mission. We are continually being blessed with more and more miracles. I feel busy, I feel stressed, I feel like we're working all the time -- and it's the best feeling ever! As we open our mouths, talk to everybody, and strive for the Spirit at all times, Heavenly Father continues to lead us to people that are prepared. We are so blessed!!!

One of the most wonderful parts of last week was having zone meeting, then having the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder T. He has only been out for three weeks, but he is already an amazing, full-purpose missionary and when he opened his mouth, the Spirit was so strong. His testimony is so pure and sincere. I am grateful for his example, and I know he'll be a very successful missionary. While on the bus we met a youth who was incredibly open and sincerely interested in our message.

Golfing! 
I shared a few verses from the Book of Mormon, then Elder M spoke in Cantonese to explain a little more. It is the best feeling to have the Spirit and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that we were there at the bus at the perfect time. "Perfect timing" types of incidents have happened so many times in the past few weeks. We are so blessed!! It seems crazy that things like this make me so happy, but they do! As we start to feel the Spirit more and invest more into the gospel, we realize just how important it is. We understand that we must be bold and brave as we share it with others. We feel true happiness when they accept. I love being a missionary!

Cheese! 
Another amazing thing happened while walking to another appointment. We were walking past someone inside their car, but waved and walked over because we had a special feeling. As we started talking, he wasn't very interested, but when I showed him the Book of Mormon in my hand, he opened his car door, threw his cigarette down, and started looking at it. I shared 2 Nephi 26:33 with him and bore testimony of a Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for him. He looked up and said, "This is true! Zhe ben shi zhen de." It was amazing to see his countenance and interest level change as he felt the Spirit and read the word of God. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon, and I know it is evidence of Heavenly Father's continuing love for us -- His children.

Happy, Happy Elders
We were blessed with many miracles as we used members, called people, and arranged for appointments. Everything just fell perfectly into place! There was a referral from a member who came to church Sunday because she felt something special at our BBQ Saturday night. Another young man worked overtime and didn't sleep Saturday, ditched his friends playing basketball, and chose to stay for 3 hours his first time at church. Two other teenagers went to their own congregation on Saturday with their family, then they sacrificed their time and came to church on Sunday with us because they wanted to understand what we meant when we promised them the fulness of the gospel. We taught them the Restoration after church, and they loved it. As we have prayed, obeyed, and done our best to be the Lord's tools, we have been blessed with joy and miracles. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I have never been happier! I love this work!

 34 Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their souls.

Elders Hanks and Lloyd BBQ'ing
I truly do feel peace in my heart, and I am eager to go out and work this week. I know that it won't be easy, but it is worth all that I can give. I am grateful for my Savior, and I pray that I can always be a worthy representative.

Love, Elder Lloyd








Beautiful Golf Course

Feels so good to swing! 

E Lloyd is in heaven! 
Incredible smiles! 
Glowing! 
Ahhh ... so good to reconnect with E Chin! 

Happy Happy Birthday E Lloyd ;) 
Birthday Pie from the Bensons!  
Thanks for making E Lloyd so very happy! 
Grilling is serious business

BBQ impromptu choir


Love Elder Hadley! 
No words to express how much E Lloyd loves E Hanks
Priceless!  

Loving the new "wicking" pants! 
Light-Up Star Wars chopsticks and Reese's
Ahh ... basketball AND golf -- all in one week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment