“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Sunday, October 25, 2015

LOSE YOURSELF

JB Frisbee Fun! 

Good Morning Everybody!!! Another week has passed!!!!!!!!! It's amazing to sit down every single Monday and realize that millions of moments, priceless memories, and incredible spiritual experiences have all happened within just the past seven, short days. I pray that I can continue to share things that will not only help me learn and feel the Spirit, but I hope they can also help you to understand what the other missionaries here and I are experiencing and feeling. Thank you for your patience, love, and prayers. I am so grateful for you all!

The fans feel soooooo good! 
There were many amazing miracles last week. I continue to be amazed and humbled by the many blessings we are able to witness each day. They come through members, investigators, my companion, and even strangers that we meet. I truly feel good as we go outside and talk with people. Malaysian people are so prepared to receive the gospel and find this precious truth!

One of the most spiritual experiences came while Elder G wasn't feeling well and couldn't go out with me. Our branch mission leader (who is amazing!!!) went on exchanges with me, and we were able to go teach one of our investigators. We started the lesson by reviewing what he read in the Book of Mormon, and he read a lot!!! He has felt the Spirit, he knows it's true, and he wants to continue to progress. As we shared the Word of Wisdom with him, he was eager to do his best to follow it, but he was doubtful about how he might be able to give up smoking (he has already tried before). Our branch mission leader was able to share about how he was only able to permanently give up smoking before baptism when he prayed to Heavenly Father and shared WHY he wanted to quit. It was a powerful testimony, and I know that our branch mission leader was the person that needed to be there, sharing his experience at that time. I pray that no matter what we are faced with, we can remember WHY Jesus Christ atoned for us. I pray we can remember WHY we are here and what our Heavenly Father has promised us.




Another amazing moment came while teaching a recent convert. She has been facing incredibly tough challenges in life. Comfortingly, instead of giving up, she has turned to the Lord and tried to study the gospel more than ever before. She shared with us a few things she'd been reading, she told us about her desire to help with missionary work, she gave us a referral, and she bore her testimony of the Savior. I was so inspired and encouraged by what she said. I know that every single challenge and trial I've ever gone through have made me stronger and closer to the Lord because I chose to learn from them. I'm proud of this member for choosing to learn from her trials rather than give up and be discouraged by them. 

This week, we had zone meeting, and Elder G and I trained on the importance of losing ourselves. I know that we can only lose ourselves when we truly turn to Christ and let him "loose" ourselves. 

3 Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.

We had sickness, we have dropped a lot of investigators, the zone has been struggling to find, teach, and baptize, yet I have never been more hopeful in my life. I know that as we rely on the Savior, we will be filled with joy and happiness. I am so grateful for the amazing examples around me that continue to help me understand the importance of obedience, faith, patience, and hope. 

Mama meeting Elder Hanks and his Mama! 
I am so grateful to be a representative of Christ, and I am grateful to have a firm testimony of the truthfulness of his gospel. I know that we are involved in the most important work on Earth. I would not trade it for anything! As I've served and continued to try to repent and do all that I can to have the Spirit and align myself with the Lord's will, I have experienced more happiness, peace, and joy. Have a wonderful week everybody! 

Love, Elder Lloyd










So happy to be swinging a racket! 




No comments:

Post a Comment