“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

CHANGES!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!! It's getting closer and closer! I can't believe it's already the middle of December ... I love Christmas ! This past week has been a roller-coaster, but I am continually blessed. I know that Heavenly Father loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and I know that we are engaged in the most important work on the Earth. 

We've had a "mini-transfer" to accommodate Malay and English-speaking missionaries who are on different transfer schedules than the Chinese-speaking. I will be serving with Elder G (Malay/Iban speaking) and  Elder H (English) in our Chinese group and Malay branch. Changes!!!! Although the next few weeks will be much different than previous parts of my mission, I know that this is inspired from God. He has a special plan in store for me, and I will do all I can to accomplish His will. 

8 But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

This past week, more than ever, I realized that this is truly the Lord's work. It is a sacred privilege and blessing to wear a badge of honor with Christ's name, represent him, and work with the Spirit daily. This is going to be the best Christmas ever because I am going to give all I can to Him.

In order to truly rejoice and feel the joy this Christmas season (and throughout the year), I will focus on three things:

1. TURN OUTWARDS. As we forget ourselves and become lost in the service of others, we feel the Spirit and we feel joy. If we are left to ourselves, we will focus on all that we don't have, can't have, and won't ever be. We will find ourselves in a never ending melancholic state of being. 

2. SEE OURSELVES THROUGH HEAVEN'S EYES. We must align our will with God's, and we must see ourselves as He sees us. I know that He loves us more completely, deeply, and unconditionally than we will ever understand. He is pleased with our efforts, and He yearns for us to continue to stretch a little more in order to qualify for even greater blessings. Be patient with ourselves, put our faith in the Lord, and joyfully do all that is in our sphere of influence. If we do so, we can feel peace and confidence before Him.

3. DISCOVER THE GIFTS THE LORD HAS GIVEN US. Pray, ponder, and consider what talents and gifts Heavenly Father has blessed us with. Once we receive inspiration, go forth in faith to share that gift with the world!

One of the gifts Heavenly Father has given to us all is the Book of Mormon. I pray that I can study it more deeply and share it with more people this month. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I love being a missionary. I love this work! Merry Christmas! I pray that we can turn outwards and remember why we celebrate this holy day. 

I love you all!! Have a wonderful week!

Love, Elder Lloyd 













No comments:

Post a Comment