“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Thursday, December 24, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!!! This past week was one of the most amazing, miracle filled, spiritual, joyful weeks of my mission, and I know it's because we have been working harder and smarter than ever to share the Christmas cheer!!! 

I am so excited that it snowed back home! This past week, I have been more wet than the week at Lake Powell before my mission...every single day we have been drenched. One of the Christmas miracles was sitting outside teaching somebody while shivering. Shivering! I haven't been cold for over a year, but this past week was different. We have been so blessed, and I have never been happier!!

One of the best parts of this week was being able to serve with Elder G and Elder H in the Malay branch. It was the best feeling in the world to serve with missionaries who speak English, Chinese, Malay, and Iban in one group. We literally talked to everybody, and we were blessed with the most prepared people I have met my whole mission. 

One miracle came Tuesday when we contacted a boy who wouldn't give us his number, but said he was interested. He called the next day (that never happens!), asked to meet, and arranged an appointment. When we met him the first time, he told us how he'd taken off work to meet with us because he felt we were special. He wants to become a pastor someday, and he wants nothing more in life than to follow Jesus Christ. The first lesson went spectacular, and I know that he will continue to progress and take the necessary steps to come closer to Christ.

Another miracle came just last night when we met with a man we contacted a couple weeks ago in a mall. He didn't seem very interested, but he was willing to set an appointment and meet, so we gave him a chance. From the very first minute, he was wonderful. He told us how he has been looking for a church to join ever since he came to believe in Christ four years ago. He told us that he felt the Spirit around us before we even explained the Spirit to him. 

As we shared the First Vision and he shared his testimony of Christ, I was overcome and began to tear up. There are people who desire the gospel all around us, and we can never know who they are unless we talk to them and invite them to learn. I am so grateful that I was able to meet this prepared man. It is a privilege to be able to be a part of his conversion.

I know that one of the reasons I felt so happy this week is because I was constantly testifying of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I made a goal this Christmas season to give all I have and testify of Him. Even when we weren't talking to people, I was sure to sing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." I promise that as we think of Him, we feel the joy, peace, strength, and hope that He brings. I have experienced it, and I will never stop! This week, do all you can to remember Christ in all that you do.

I am so grateful for each one of you. I would not be the person I am today without billions of experiences and interactions with wonderful people since I was born. I am especially grateful for my family. I love you Mom and Dad! 

This will be the best Christmas ever, because I am doing all I can to serve the Lord. I pray that I can give my whole might, mind and strength, to the one who gave His life for me. 

Merry Christmas!!!

Love, Elder Lloyd



No comments:

Post a Comment