“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Monday, October 20, 2014

WORK!

High Lo! 

This week has been amazing!!!! I just want to testify that if we are facing God and constantly trying to look for His influence in our lives, we will notice more miracles and be blessed more and more. This week, looking back and reading through my journal, I realized how many small miracles I missed that have definitely been the Lord's hand working in my life. I'd like to share a few!

BONELESS fried chicken! 
The first miracle happened Saturday afternoon. We biked thirty minutes over to a place called S after a long morning and early afternoon of meeting with potential investigators. Once we got there, we made a few "random" turns and found ourselves in a beautiful neighborhood. There were kids everywhere riding their bikes, families outside talking, and people washing their cars. It reminded me so much of back home! I could feel the Spirit and the pure love that existed between all of these people. Normally, when we contact, many of the people won't open their door if they see someone at their gate....Saturday was completely different! 

I was able to make friends with a few of the kids, and then they took my companion and me to their homes. We chatted with some of their parents and made return appointments -- that NEVER happens!!! We then continued contacting, and every single house we knocked on was willing to help us and talk about what we were doing. It was amazing! Everyone wasn't completely prepared, but I think we left them all with a good feeling and examples of Christ. To finish the night, right when we were leaving, a truck drove by and stopped. We turned around and ended up making friends with a 22 year old who is completely prepared to receive the gospel. It was perfect place and perfect timing!!! I am so grateful the Lord led us to this neighborhood and helped the people have soft hearts. This coming week is going to be packed full of trying to meet with all of these new potential investigators! Hooray!

One thing I felt extremely grateful for this week is my family. We were able to have an amazing family home evening, and a birthday party on Sunday night as well. In both instances, everyone was just so happy. Before family home evening started, we sang Primary songs with all of the children, and they were just giggling and smiling and it just is the best feeling in the whole wide world! It's awesome!! During the birthday party, everybody was trying to feed me, talk to me, and all of the kids were just bouncing around. 
Family Home Evening!

When we gather for wholesome things as family and friends, it is much easier for the Spirit to testify. I want to invite all of you to hold a family home evening this week, and make it fun! The home is supposed to be the first place we learn the gospel, and the gospel brings joy. Share a thought, sing songs, and play games. All of these things build our relationship with our family and with Heavenly Father. 

One of the scriptures that really stuck out to me this week was D and C 123:17- If we do all that we can with a cheerful attitude and patience, God will better be able to use us as His tools. This sounds so cheesy, but just put a smile on! It is amazing how much better I feel when I'm tired, worn out, frustrated, and then I remember to smile. This life is part of a plan of happiness; let's not forget that!! 

Flatter Battle while doing Facials!
This week my companion and the two other elders living with us had a flatter battle...it's a little bit like a rap battle but you have to beat the other person by giving them better compliments! Try and look for the best in the people. 

I love you guys so much! Thank you for your support and for trusting in the Lord in all that you do. I'm so proud to tell people about all of my friends and family back home, because that's part of who I am, and anything good about me is the result of your amazing examples. Zai Jian peng you men!

Elder Lloyd

Celebes Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment