“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

THE GOSPEL IS TRUE!

I'm so sorry, somehow my long letter got deleted while I was doing other things, and now I'm out of time! I know that things happen for a reason, so maybe I just need to be short and simple this week.

I want you all to know that Heavenly Father does hear and answer our prayers. I also know that the Book of Mormon is the thing that will bring us closer to God. If you have questions about anything, absolutely anything, please read the Book of Mormon. It is a collection of other people's experiences as Heavenly Father answered their prayers in the midst of their trials. By reading the Book of Mormon, we will be able to recognize how the Spirit speaks to us. 

Lastly, I want everyone to know that the desire and willingness to change is one of the best traits we could ever develop. I know that we must change in order to progress and continue growing closer to the Lord. We will never receive all that the Lord has to offer if we stop trying to reach it. 

I promise that it is worth it! No matter how hard, how tempting, or how lost we might feel, keep pushing. I know that we are never given more than we can handle, and I know that through our trials we will better understand who Heavenly Father wants us to be. 

I am so grateful that this life isn't easy, and I'm grateful for the chances that I have to help others. If I have one regret, it's that I didn't serve or show my love for others enough before my mission. Listen to people, talk with them, help them, serve them....show Christ's love for others each and every day as best as you can.

I know this gospel is true!!! 

One of the coolest talks ever is called "Apostasy" https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1995/04/apostasy-and-restoration?lang=eng Please listen to it this week!!!!! 

I love you guys so much!!! I know that this gospel is a message of hope and love. It is never too late, and it is never too early. Please focus on what you can do today to bring yourself and others closer to Christ. 

Love, Elder Lloyd





No comments:

Post a Comment