“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Sunday, August 2, 2015

BAPTISM!

Good Morning Everybody!!!! 

I'm sorry, today's letter will be a little bit short because we're rushed with travel and trying to get to Zone Conference in Singapore. Thank you for your love and patience!!!!! I am so excited!
This past week was incredible. Amidst the many miracles, WE HAD A BAPTISM!!!! Friday morning and afternoon it was raining cats and dogs, Malaysian style, and it just seemed like Satan was trying to get us down. When we got to the church to fill up the font, there was no power. The neighboring shops assured us it would be on by nighttime, so we didn't worry. 

Finally, by seven o'clock, the power still hadn't turned back on, and a bunch of people were milling around in the church lobby (that was now a sauna). We lit some candles, and we decided to proceed! At first I was appalled. There were a few people there early for English class, and I feared they would think we were some type of cult doing a candlelight baptism, but everything went perfectly. The baptism, talks, and atmosphere were all so sweet, simple, and pure. It was incredible to feel the Spirit in the room. It was truly like we were all a family of God. 

So many people came, and many students talked to us after about how they'd be interested in learning more about the gospel. Even though Satan tried to deter us and it seemed like an awful time for a baptism, nothing could've gone better. It was amazing!

I know that this is truly the Lord's work and everything is in his hands. I'm so grateful for all that we have and for all that God has given us. I know that I have many weaknesses, and I find more every single day, but I'm also happier than I've ever been before. I'm excited for the week!! Thank you!!! Love, Elder Lloyd



No comments:

Post a Comment