“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Monday, August 10, 2015

BEST WEEK EVER (UNTIL NEXT WEEK)!

Badminton Champs! 
This past week has been one of the best of my entire mission. I don't understand how or why, but we continue to be blessed with more miracles and more wonderful experiences. I need to repent for not keeping a perfect journal, but I do know that the only way for us to recall the hand of the Lord in our lives is through the Spirit and then making a record. I'm so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and the sacredness of my calling to be a missionary. I truly do feel the Spirit stronger than ever, and I know it's because of the prayers from all of you, obedience, and a desire to share my testimony with others. 

We had an incredible opportunity to go back to Singapore for our passport stamps and zone conference last week. I expected it to be the same, but President and Sister Simmons changed a lot of the former layout. Basically, it was a full day discussion among the missionaries about problems we're facing and solutions that we can try and apply in our areas. President Simmons directed everything and did an amazing job of trying to learn what we're facing. He is so humble, patient, and willing to listen. He shared that his vision right now is to listen. I thought that was very telling of the type of man he is. One of the biggest points of inspiration we focused on was in D and C 39. I don't have time to quote things right now, but I want you to know that we are all called as missionaries to share the gospel. Heavenly Father truly does know me, Elder Lloyd, and I know that He knows you as well. Continue to search and seek for revelation so that you can do things His way; only then are we able to feel the joy that He is urgently waiting to bless us with. 

After zone conference and before a leadership meeting with the zone leaders, I was sitting in a beautiful park in Singapore just pondering and writing some notes down in preparation. I was thinking a lot about how we cannot fear man as missionaries and members of Christ's church. We need to go out of our way to share the gospel and courageously open our mouths. 

There was an elderly man doing some exercises a few yards away from me, and I sat there thinking of how I could approach him. It was an awkward battle in my mind, because I knew what I needed to do, but I was letting doubt cloud my thoughts. Suddenly, he was next to me and told me he was sorry to interrupt, but he wanted to take a picture of my nametag. He quickly explained how he has an LDS friend and he wanted to show them a picture. As we started chatting, he complimented me on my study habits, dress, sacrifice, and desire to do good. He was intrigued about our religion and why only our church sends so many missionaries out. I thanked him, gave him a card, then went back to studying. 
A few minutes later he came back and asked for a phone number to contact me and the other missionaries in Singapore. I had only given him the website before (my phone number was malaysian), but I quickly contacted someone who gave me the Singapore Chinese Elders' number and shared it with him. After this experience, I was so humbled, and I learned a very important lesson. While I was battling in my head about what to say to this man, I felt sick in my stomach and stressed. When we fear man, life is hard, depressing, stressful, and straining. As soon as I was able to talk about Christ and my love for this gospel, I felt peace and happiness. As we stop fearing the world or our own weaknesses, we truly are freed and able to feel the joy that comes as we do what Heavenly Father would have us do. I am grateful for amazing experiences like this every single day.

I want to share one other miracle with you. I was on exchanges with the assistants last Saturday, and there were a few curveballs that would've thrown a major dent in our plans in the past, but because we had taken the time to look at every situation the night before and earlier that morning, we were able to adjust and have one of the coolest experiences of my mission. All of our plans suddenly lead up to us teaching someone at a time that they previously said they'd be unavailable. We were able to teach this boy about the Spirit, how he talks with us, and then we went into the commandments and the Sabbath day. 

We talked more about the hope Jesus Christ offers and how he has already promised to forget our sins if we will come unto Him. I am grateful for wonderful friends, teachers, peers, coaches, etc who have always helped me stay away from the plague of Satan. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to help people understand how to overcome their feelings of shame and guilt as they sincerely repent and have a desire to follow Christ. I pray that I can realize more about how we need to hate sin and glory in light rather than simply avoid sin and try to do good.

I love this gospel and my mission so much. I am grateful for my companion who constantly helps me understand how to improve by being a perfect example of a diligent, devoted missionary. 

I love all of you so much, and I hope you know I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. If I was able to have the time and ability to adequately share all of the miracles and revelation that we are blessed with each day, I have no doubt that you would all instantly understand the joy that I feel. I know we would realize that true happiness comes as we serve the Lord and others. 

Continue to look for people who are prepared, and cheerfully apply the teachings in your own life. I love you all so much, and I pray that we can all have opportunities to share the gospel each day.
Love, Elder Lloyd






No comments:

Post a Comment