“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

HOPE: AN ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE

I love you guys!!!! I can't believe we're already into November and that it's getting a little cooler back home. It's raining cats and dogs daily now, so I guess instead of winter I get to enter the "rainy" season. I hope you are all doing great and continuing to grow closer to Heavenly Father. Shout out to the Braves volleyball and football for amazing seasons!  Continue to do your best in everything you put your mind to. True commitment is one thing that will always bring positive results.
This past week was absolutely phenomenal. We saw many miracles, met many people, taught a few lessons, but best of all, I truly felt successful! I felt the Spirit more than I ever have before over an extended period of time, and I felt like I gave all I had to the Lord and the people surrounding me. I made a goal to simply do all I could to gain the Spirit and follow its promptings throughout the week. I knew that if I did that, I could leave everything else to the Lord. Monday night, we talked with many people, and we shared almost the whole first lesson with three people in the street. The Spirit was strong, and I felt energized as I spoke with them rather than wearied. 

Unfortunately, not one of those three people gave us their phone number or ended up calling back. I was a bit confused, but Elder G and I continued working our hardest. Throughout the week, we were blessed with countless more opportunities of finding people and feeling the Spirit with them. We were lead to more potentials this week than I have ever had in the past.

I know that Heavenly Father's plan is perfect. He blesses us as we are obedient and have faith. There were days when I made the goal to find 10 people but only found a couple. There were other days when we set a goal of 11 or 12 and found many more. As long as we work hard and follow the Spirit, it doesn't matter what the numbers are. This is the Lord's work, and we are simply the tools.

One of the lessons I learned this week came through reading through Moroni 6 and 7. We've read these chapters thousands of times, but something really stuck out as I studied and focused on the things I was struggling with. 

I realized that one definition for hope could be to have an eternal perspective on life. Hope is the ability to see things through the eyes of our Heavenly Father. This is something that can only be accomplished through the Spirit and strong faith. I pray that I can continue to develop more faith, hope, charity, and love in order to accomplish the Lord's will and become who we wants me to be. More importantly, I pray that I can help my investigators and other missionaries see the potential that God sees in them as well. 

26 And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.

I know that there are many things that I still need to change, consecrate, and purify in order to truly become like Him, but this goal to become a new creature is a goal worthy of all of my effort and time. I feel joy and happiness right now because of the things I experienced last week and the knowledge that I can experience them today and tomorrow as well. I can continue to feel God's love, help his children and witness miracles. I love being a missionary, and I wouldn't rather be anywhere else right now. 

I hope we can all continue to look outward, serve the Lord, and do our best to strengthen our relationship with Heavenly Father. Don't take anything for granted, and don't let a minute pass you by!   LOVE, ELDER LLOYD



No comments:

Post a Comment