“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Thursday, April 16, 2015

BE A PRO!

I love you all so, so, so much!!! I look forward to emailing every single week because throughout the week as we teach, find, go to church, eat, sleep, etc. I realize more and more how grateful I am for my family and the people that have been such major influences in my life. I want to let you know that you have made a difference and continue to impact me. Thank you!!!!

This past week was filled with so many miracles...sometimes I just have to sit back in awe and try to ponder and fathom how everything magically fit together...but I quickly realize it's not magic at all! I know that Heavenly Father blesses each one of us and loves us more than we could ever imagine. I know He loves each one of His children and is waiting for us to turn back to Him.

We were blessed with the miracle to watch General Conference this past weekend, and it was the best ever!!! Everything as a missionary is just so special....I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord and have the authority to represent Christ. I felt like each talk was directed specifically to me, and I learned so much. I know that if I (and all of us) can liken the scriptures and the things the prophets say to ourselves, we will truly begin to be converted to this gospel and following Christ. 

One thing that stood out to me that I feel like I need to share with you is to never fail to realize the wonders of the gospel. Do not allow yourself to become bored or apathetic. If we are truly praying, reading, partaking of the Sacrament, and enduring to the end, we will never fail to recognize the blessings and miracles that are all around us. Not one of us is ever safe from Satan's temptations if we are not doing all we can to hold on to the iron rod. 

An important thing I always failed to recognize the wonder of was my family. I thought it was so poignant that the Saturday morning session started with two talks directly focused on the family and marriage. I know that when we express love to those around us, especially our families, we will be blessed with the Spirit and we will begin to understand, with surety, thejoy Heavenly Father has promised to us when we obtain exaltation. Families are forever!!! Never forget this precious truth!

Another amazing part of the week was having zone meeting and going on splits with the zone leaders. One thing we learned is that our mission is going from about 200 to 110 missionaries over the next four months -- hat's a big drop very fast!! In response, President shared Judges 7:1-7 with us. It talks about how the Lord didn't want the soldiers to become prideful and think they won the army by their own strength, so he decides to shrink them. Eventually, the army is only 300 men strong, but because of their humility and faith in the Lord, they are able to defeat their enemies. I think it's so interesting that the Lord has Gideon send soldiers home because they lapped up water like a dog...to me, I felt like that was a sign that they put their heads down and didn't focus on their leader in the middle of war. If we will always keep our sights on the Lord and eternal life all things can happen and will happen. We will be able to always be prepared for the tempations of Satan and say farewell to Babylon!

During exchanges, Elder D and I experienced many miracles that I don't have time to share, but here is one experience that I learned a lot from. After finding for a few hours with absolutely nothing to show for it, we were e at somebody's house right as they were preparing to leave and opened their gate. A man inside told us to hang on for a second as his wife left and he put on a shirt. Five minutes later, he invited us inside and told us all about how God has directed him throughout his whole life. I know that we were lead to him, and he was lead to us. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father blesses us with miracles as we are obedient and show our faith. 

Even though Elder D and I didn't find much success the first hour or so, we were "making investments" and planting seeds that lead to us being in the right place to meet this man at exactly six o clock. 

I know that our Savior lives and I know that we are directed by a living prophet on the Earth. I love you all so much, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you! 

Continue to pray, read, and obey!!! 
Be a PRO! 

Love, Elder Lloyd



No comments:

Post a Comment