“ … And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” - Alma 27:27

Saturday, April 11, 2015

REMEMBER HIM!


Happy Easter everybody!!! What a special time that only comes once a year. The place I'm serving in now was settled by Christian missionaries, so it was a special experience to be able to talk to many people about our Savior and his Atonement this past week. The Easter season seemed to soften everybody's heart and allowed for many miracles to happen. I know that as we turn to the Savior and truly remember him, the people around us will follow our example. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ, and I am grateful for this privilege I have to serve with him.

An amazing thing that happened last week occurred when we went to the bank to draw from the ATM. While waiting we started talking to a young father who works there. A few days later we saw him as we were contacting. We met with him later in the week and ended up having lunch with him during his lunch break. He shared with us how he used to be a buddhist, but opened up the Bible and read Proverbs 3:5-6 during a rough time in his life. In response, I was able to share one of my favorite scriptures Alma 36:12-21, testify of the power of prayer and relying on the Lord, and introduce him to the Book of Mormon. He went on to share his testimony of Christ and expressed his desire to follow him. I know that his heart is prepared to receive the fullness of the gospel!

One way that we increased our faith this week was by studying Chinese more diligently than ever. Last Tuesday, Elder J and I were able to learn 100 characters and words in less than an hour....I know that there is no possible way we could do that without the strength of the Lord. As we seek and truly work hard to show our desire, Heavenly Father blesses us and gives us the gifts of the Spirit. The miracles that we have been experiencing here in Sitiawan in all aspects of the work continues to astonish me. It is so humbling to be able to benefit and witness just how powerful and loving Heavenly Father is. I know that he is so anxious to bless us, but it is our own faults and lacking faith that "blocks" the blessings from ever reaching us.

Something that I have started to understand as I have served is the need for desperation and a little bit of struggle. We had three members ready to help us teach 3 lessons on Saturday, but only one of the appointments ended up actually happening. I have wondered, at times, why it's so hard if this church and gospel are so true. As I fasted yesterday on Easter Sunday, I realized that this gospel is something that changes us. In order to change we have to put in a little effort, and often times we have to overcome many challenges. The Atonement was not something easy, so it is silly for us to think that our conversion (or helping others change) should be easy as well. As we are forced to grit our teeth a little and knuckle down, we start to develop a deeper appreciation for all that Christ did for us. I am so grateful for his help and the strength that he gives me each day to continue to serve and spread the gospel. 

Happy Easter everybody, and happy General Conference weekend!! Thank you so much for the love and support. I would not be here without you, and we would all not be here without our Savior. Remember Him!

Love, Elder Lloyd




No comments:

Post a Comment